The International Trade Centre has partnered with Lao National Chamber Commerce and Industry (LNCCI) under the GreenToComplete Hub Laos. LNCCI received comprehensive support to incorporate the GreenToCompete Hub services into its regular portfolio of services and to be able to continue working with Lao SMEs in integrating sustainability practices in their daily operations.
The Lao National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LNCCI) in collaboration with ITC organized the GreenToCompete Hub Laos closing event led by Mr.Oudeth Souvannavong – President of LNCCI.
The closing event brought together SMEs Hub Laos, representative of Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, USAID, , BAF, EU Laos Office, Hub Laos coaches, LNCCI colleagues in-person and virtually.
The event highlighted key results of the GreenToCompete Hub Laos green activation programme, which included:
- 14 SMEs completed VSS coaching programme
- 5 SMEs have joined VSS pilot programme
- 6 SMEs obtained Standard Certification and received 50% grant from BAF through the Hub program
- 8 SMEs completed Products positioning and eCommerce coaching programme and 4 SMEs have developed their online presence based on advice from the eCommerce professional team
- 7 coaches were trained and certified on Voluntary Sustainability Standards (VSS) module and 2 coaches on positioning products and eCommerce module
- ITC supported LNCCI to incorporate the Hub’s strategy into its 5 years Strategy Plan and prepared them to independently implement the Hub model
- Through the GreenToCompete Hub, ITC strengthened its engagement with Lao Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, UNDP, BAF, GIZ, SMEs center, coffee association, rice producers, and tea procedures.
The main speakers:
- Souphaphone Khamsennam – Deputy General Secretary of LNCCI
- Regina Taimasova – GreenToCompete Hubs Manager
- Niddavone Douangphonexay- GreenToCompete Hub Laos Leader
- Representative of Maisavanh Lao company
- Representative of Sustainable ECO Coffee cooperative
The event was concluded with a keynote remark by Mr.Oudeth Souvannavong. In his speech he highlighted the results of the project implementation and committed to carry over the Hub services to support SMEs in improving its competitiveness through sustainability certifications and accessing international markets such as Europe, Japan, Korea, Australia, and New Zealand.